Three cases of salmonellosis are officially confirmed, in Taravao, in addition to the suspect case of a fourth person who died after having shown the symptoms of salmonella poisoning.
In a statement released Thursday morning, the Ministry of Health said “three cases of salmonellosis confirmed and a suspected case, occurred in Taravao. “These infections were reported to the Bureau de veille sanitaire between 20 and 28 November. Above all, “one person has died,” says this information, while indicating that ” the main cause of death remains uncertain.”
This person died in the night of November 18 to 19, a few hours after eating an egg dish (Kai Fan). His wife suffered a salmonella infection following this meal. One of two other confirmed cases of salmonellosis also consumed a Kai Fan. These takeaway meals were all purchased in the same Taravao business.