The owners of the Green Man Public House in Stanford, UK, were fined more than £6,000 after failing to comply with food safety laws.
"We were not aware that we weren’t complying with the law, but feel the council could have helped us more.
"When the bloke who did the inspection came into the kitchen that morning, we had two chefs in there which left it messy and he took it to the extreme in my opinion.
"Our business has always been based on common sense. Everything that comes in here is fresh and we are always stringent with food.
"The kitchen is cleaned all the time, it’s an ongoing thing. After a busy weekend, the kitchen doesn’t usually get bleached until the middle of the week.”
I wouldn’t want to eat there on Monday.