Don and Ben talk Hurricane Harvey and food safety during power outages, British TV, podcast prepping, some food safety in the mainstream media American Greed.
The guys then talked about the science behind ice cream, frozen yogurt went went to cutting melons, selling eggs stored at room temperature and tomato jam.
Show notes so you can follow along at home:
- 4 Way Street – Wikipedia
- Ben Chapman on Twitter: “@bugcounter Definitely. https://t.co/U9l9pjyOqp”
- Food safety: What to keep and what to toss in a power outage | abc13.com
- Disaster Preparedness | North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- Videos Focus on Recovery in the Wake of a Flood | College of Agriculture and Life Sciences | NC State University
- White Gold (TV Series 2017– ) – IMDb
- Shetland (TV Series 2013– ) – IMDb
- List of American Greed episodes – Wikipedia
- Survival of Lactic Acid Bacteria in Commercial Frozen Yogurt – LOPEZ – 2006 – Journal of Food Science – Wiley Online Library
- ‘The windscreen phenomenon’ – why your car is no longer covered in dead insects
- Food Evolution – Narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Food Politics by Marion Nestle » GMO propaganda film: Food Evolution
- Reducing Salmonella on cantaloupes and honeydew melons using wash practices applicable to postharvest handling, foodservice, and consumer preparation. – PubMed – NCBI
- Modeling the growth of Listeria monocytogenes on cut cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon. – PubMed – NCBI
- Eggs > Guidance for Industry: Prevention of Salmonella Enteritidis in Shell Eggs During Production, Storage, and Transportation
- Maryn McKenna | WIRED
- Beating Back the Devil — Maryn McKenna
- Tomato Jam Recipe – NYT Cooking
- National Center for Home Food Preservation | How Do I? Jam and Jelly
- Metabiotic effect of Bacillus licheniformis on Clostridium botulinum: implications for home-canned tomatoes.