The Star reports that the restaurant was closed over the long weekend and management was told it would have to comply with health regulations, including disinfecting the premises and contacting a pest-control operator.
Michael Chu, the manager of the Dumpling House was cited as saying he wanted to deal with the vermin problem, adding,"If the city didn’t shut us down, I would have closed."
The staff reportedly spent the weekend "bleaching" tables, counters, containers and utensils. Chu hired a pest control operator to set traps.
The best part (and not really surprising) of the story to me is this:
While the incident will cost Chu around $10,000 in cleanup and closing costs, he says he’s not concerned. Even with a sign outside alerting people to the infestation, he had to turn people away. "I have gotten calls of support all day. It’s touching. I just want to cry."
Wonder how much of an effect posting restaurant grades/advisories really has on consumer preferences (especially if it is your favourite spot).