My son Jack is almost 2 and has spread a whole load of illness through our house this week (fun stuff). A couple of his contemporary playmates had some suspected norovirus last week and likely the same thing has made our toliets work overtime.
A 2-year-old boy in Illinois also experienced foodborne illness symptoms, although more serious than what we dealt with, in late February, after eating food from a Subway restaurant. The little boy, son of Ron and Sarah Bowers, has been identified as part of an outbreak of Shigella sonnei along with at least 20 other patrons.
This week’s food safety infosheet, a graphical one-page food safety-related story directed at food handlers, focuses on the outbreak.
Click here to download the food safety infosheet.