Raw egg mayo sickens 170 with salmonella at Australian restaurant, fined $1300

ABC News reports an Albury take-away restaurant has been fined $1,300 over a salmonella outbreak early this year.

One hundred and seventy people got sick in January when they ate a contaminated home-made raw egg mayonnaise from the Albury Burger Bar.

The New South Wales Food Authority says the business has been fined for selling unsafe food and handling food in an unsafe manner.

It has been placed on the department’s "name and shame" list.