3 kids, 1 adult sick from salmonella linked to raw milk in Texas

WFAA reports that at least four people, including three children, become seriously ill after drinking raw milk, according to state health officials.

Mary Chiles, a 57-year-old resident of Dallas, was quoted as saying, "They said it would be a while before I got my strength back.”

Chiles said she tried the milk after a health-conscious friend told her the all-natural, unpasteurized beverage might improve her health.

State investigators have now blocked Lavon Farms in Plano, where Chiles purchased her carton, from selling raw milk until tests are complete.

Owner Todd Moore told News 8 the farm sold thousands of gallons of raw milk and never received complaints of any illness.

It wasn’t clear from initial media reports when the illnesses occurred.

This entry was posted in Raw Food and tagged , , , by Douglas Powell. Bookmark the permalink.

About Douglas Powell

A former professor of food safety and the publisher of barfblog.com, Powell is passionate about food, has five daughters, and is an OK goaltender in pickup hockey. Download Doug’s CV here. Dr. Douglas Powell editor, barfblog.com retired professor, food safety 3/289 Annerley Rd Annerley, Queensland 4103 dpowell29@gmail.com 61478222221 I am based in Brisbane, Australia, 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time