KRISTV.com of Corpus Christi, Texas, reports the Nueces County Health Department is now investigating a refrigeration problem at a local wing restaurant, after a 2-year old girl spent the last week in the hospital after her mother says she contracted salmonella and E. coli.
The girl’s mother said at first, doctors weren’t exactly sure what was wrong with Ava. After subjecting her to a myriad of tests, she was found to have E. coli and salmonella. Her mother said she was then placed in isolation at Driscoll Children’s Hospital for three more days.
Her mother said the last meal Ava ate was chicken strips from Wings-N-More.
She contacted the health department, who soon launched in an investigation.
According to a health inspection report, the raw chicken strips being stored in the deli case were at 68-degrees. That’s almost 30 degrees above the maximum recommended temperature.
We tried to contact Wings-N-More for a comment on the investigation, but our calls were not returned.