CBC News reports six patients and one employee at the Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home in Moncton have been infected with salmonella in an outbreak that started Sept. 18 at the facility. One resident has died.
“Someone did die. They did have salmonella but at the particular time they had multiple diagnoses,” said Barbara Tremble Cook, the nursing home’s executive director.
“So I guess we can’t say with certainty that would have caused their death, but it could have been a contributing factor.”
She added that the facility’s kitchen has been found clear of any trace of salmonella.
Spencer’s is home to about 200 people and employs about 230 staff.