The newest food safety infosheet, a graphical one-page food safety-related story directed at food businesses, is now available.
– Over 220 at cheerleading competition fall ill with norovirus.
– The outbreak likely started when a participant showed up at the competition while ill.
– Health officials believe that the outbreak grew because affected individuals vomited in public.
– Chlorine bleach can inactivate norovirus; Quaternary ammonia (quats) are not recommended because the aren’t effective.
– A 5,000 ppm (25 tablespoons 5.25% bleach per gallon of water). bleach solution should be applied to soiled areas for at least 4 minutes.
Food safety infosheets are created weekly and are posted in restaurants, retail stores, on farms and used in training throughout the world. If you have any infosheet topic requests, or photos, please contact Ben Chapman at email@example.com. You can follow food safety infosheets stories and barfblog on twitter @benjaminchapman and @barfblog.
Click here to download.