Fancy restaurant linked to norovirus outbreak sickening over 100 in Scotland

More than 100 people connected to the Gleneagles Hotel have been hit by a suspected norovirus outbreak. reports the luxury Auchterarder venue is working with NHS Tayside to identify the cause of the cases of vomiting and diarrhea and put in place infection-control measures.

Most of the cases only came to light after guests who had stayed there last weekend contacted the hotel after falling ill.

Some staff and hotel residents are still recovering, but an NHS spokeswoman said nobody had been taken to hospital.

A spokeswoman for Gleneagles said a “mix” of residents, guests and staff were affected.

The hotel is home to Scotland’s only two-star Michelin star restaurant, Andrew Fairlie at Gleneagles. The prestigious hotel has played host to major golf tournaments and the international G8 summit in 2005.

It will also host the Ryder Cup golf tournament in 2014.