240 sick; broken pipe lead to sewage being dumped in oyster bed causing norovirus outbreak, not a person pooping over his boat

In another installment of this is why we cook seafood at my house, 240 people have been sickened in three Australian states after consuming oysters with norovirus.

The contamination was caused by a broken sewerage pipe on a private Raw oystersproperty in Dunalley which leaked human waste into waters used by an oyster farm.

According to media reports, it was the second incidence of contaminated oysters in southern Tasmania in a week, but health authorities say the two cases are a coincidence.