Australian Woolworths investigates mushroom poisoning

Canberra residents who may be feeling ill after consuming mushrooms bought from a Woolworths supermarket are being advised to seek immediate medical attention following a possible Death Cap mushroom poisoning.

death.cap.mushroomACT Health is investigating after three patients from the same household attended Canberra’s Calvary Hospital in the last 48 hours with poisoning symptoms.

They claim to have been affected by mushrooms purchased from a Woolworths in the suburb of Dickson on April 17.

“This appears to be an isolated incident and there have been no other recent reports of Death Cap mushroom poisoning in the ACT,” the territory’s chief health officer Dr Paul Kelly said.