The teacher looked at me as we arrived at school this morning: Sorenne, you’re with me, dad, take her backpack upstairs and meet us over for assembly.
I didn’t argue.
It was all about Australian father’s day, which is this Sunday, and out of about 30 parents in attendance, four were fathers.
I’m used to that.
The New South Wales Food Authority, which is the state below Queensland, decided to issue a presser to avoid food poisoning on Father’s Day this Sunday.
Minister for Primary Industries, Katrina Hodgkinson said, “If you’re looking to fire up the barbecue for dad this Sunday, make sure you remember that safe food preparation is just as important when you’re cooking on the barbecue as it is in your home kitchen.
“Cross contamination is a common mistake when people are cooking outdoors. It is important to always use a clean plate for your cooked meat and to not reuse one that may have raw juices or marinade on it.
“Outdoor eating and the warmer weather can create an ideal environment for bacteria.”
Here’s a better tip: use a digital thermometer and take out the guesswork.