Under ACT food safety law, those who either knowingly or negligently sell unsafe food can face criminal prosecution.
The criminal case follows civil lawsuits against the restaurant, with an estimated $1 million, including costs, paid out to those struck down by salmonella.
An ACT Health investigation found a supplier in Victoria to be responsible for the bad eggs that had been used by the Dickson restaurant to make raw egg mayonnaise.
The mayonnaise was then served to diners in a potato salad.
Many patrons of the then newly-opened all-you-can-eat Brazilian barbecue were struck down with salmonella poisoning, and the Canberra Hospital’s emergency department reportedly had one of its busiest days on record.
In the aftermath, the restaurant issued an apology to those affected and removed all products containing raw egg from its menu to ensure the poisoning was not repeated.
It closed voluntarily, before reopening under the close watch of ACT Health authorities.
But the restaurant eventually closed its doors and left Dickson in June last year.