UK parents on red alert as medics treat schoolgirl with E. coli

Parents have been put on red alert after a school pupil contracted deadly E.coli.

e.coliThe girl at Ayr Grammar has been whisked to Glasgow for treatment following the discovery of the bug.

Health chiefs insist there is “no evidence” to suggest the infection originated within the school.

And they say letters have been sent to all parents “as a precaution”.

This entry was posted in E. coli and tagged , , , , by Douglas Powell. Bookmark the permalink.

About Douglas Powell

A former professor of food safety and the publisher of, Powell is passionate about food, has five daughters, and is an OK goaltender in pickup hockey. Download Doug’s CV here. Dr. Douglas Powell editor, retired professor, food safety 3/289 Annerley Rd Annerley, Queensland 4103 61478222221 I am based in Brisbane, Australia, 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time