John Colebourn of the Vancouver Sun reports the Phoenix Garden Seafood Restaurant at 2425 Nanaimo Street was shut down after about 10 people came down with Salmonella, said Vancouver Coastal Health environmental health officer Olga Bitzikos.
Authorities moved in on July 14 and shut the eatery down until July 18.
All the restaurant’s prepared food products had to be thrown out and the restaurant staff had to sterilize and disinfect the facility.
“At this time we suspect some cross-contamination and poor food handling,” said Bitzikos.
Some who took ill had diarrhea, fevers and were vomiting, she said.