38 hospitalized in Thailand: Staph in eclairs

The number of people hospitalised after eating eclairs at branches of a big retail store in Nan township rose to 38 as health inspectors began a full inquiry.

eclair-thailandOfficials said that in all 38 people who purchased the cream puffs had sought treatment at several hospitals in 6 districts.

Sakolkrit Sukhawattanakul, manager of the store’s outlets in the North, said a thorough examination would be made of the production process to find out the exact cause of the food poisoning. Production and sale of the eclairs would cease until the matter is cleared up. He would visit the patients and take responsibility for the incident.