A Thanksgiving dinner at Dan Ryan’s Chicago Grill restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, turned into an upsetting evening for at least 12 guests who reported symptoms of food poisoning and were sent to the doctor last Thursday.
The diners, aged two to 44, suffered abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, and fever, after eating the US-stye restaurant’s Thanksgiving dinner set, which included grilled turkey, apple pie and pumpkin pie, Apple Daily reports.
They were sent home after their condition stabilized. None of the patients required hospitalization, the report said.
The outlet’s manager said staff suspected some items of the dinner set could have been contaminated.
The turkey and pumpkin pie had been taken off the menu, although the apple pie was only being held off temporarily.
The manager described the incident as shocking, considering that nothing like it had ever happened at the restaurant since it started serving the festive set more than 20 years ago.