Thousands of workers at a Chinese garment firm in Ho Chi Minh City went without lunch, on Saturday, after some reportedly found worms in their soup.
The company sent everyone home early that afternoon after a number of workers fainted and others complained of exhaustion.
This wasn’t the first sign of trouble at Worldon’s canteen.
On October 29, a lunch of ground fish, shrimp, stir-fried vegetables and cabbage soup sent 109 employees to the hospital.
Doctors held seven of the workers overnight to treat them for severe food poisoning.
In May, dozens of workers became ill after another bad lunch.
Worldon Vietnam is owned by Shenzhou International, a Chinese clothing manufacturer based in Zhejiang Province in eastern China. The company employs more than 6,000 workers.