The Chicago Department of Public Health announced a salmonella outbreak linked to a Morgan Park barbecue restaurant on Chicago’s Far South Side.
CDPH said at least 14 people are sick and six of them had to be hospitalized.
Best BBQ, located in the 1600 block of 115th Street, voluntarily closed Friday.
The CDPH said the outbreak was detected after reviews of lab reports revealed an uptick in salmonella cases.
After contacting patients, officials determined several of them ate at Best BBQ recently.
According to Best BBQ’s website the restaurant has been in business for 30 years, and customers said the outbreak is very surprising.
“This place is quality food. They’re very clean. The service is great. I’m super shocked, actually,” said Joshua Keys.