Don and Ben get together in a room in Salt Lake City with a few listeners and talk about their week at IAFP, online shopping, selling soup on Facebook, roundtables and Gary Acuff’s Ivan Parkin lecture. The guy’s discussion goes to a few items of listener feedback on grilling techniques, peanut grinders and restaurant ratings. They talk about Listeria in European frozen vegetables and intentional poisoning of co-workers. The episode ends on in-studio questions on communicating environmental sampling to produce processors and IAFP membership benefits.
Food Safety Talk 159 can be downloaded here or on iTunes.
Show notes so you can follow along at home:
- The Tavernacle Social Club – Utah’s Premiere Dueling Piano Bar!
- William Shatner’s musical career – Wikipedia
- Black Sabbath – “War Pigs” Live Paris 1970 – YouTube
- Sheryl Crow – Everyday Is A Winding Road – YouTube
- International Association for Food Protection
- IAFP Parkin info.pdf
- Conference for Food Protection
- BTG Wine Bar – Wine • Cocktails • Beer
- Judge John Hodgman Episode 371: Into the Teal | Maximum Fun
- Thermapen® Mk4 Thermometer from ThermoWorks
- COMARK PDT300 Reduced-Tip Waterproof Digital Pocket Thermometer; -58 to 300 F: Industrial & Scientific
- Food safety rating system – King County
- Wolverine: Snikt! – Wikipedia
- Survival, growth, and thermal resistance of Listeria monocytogenes in products containing peanut and chocolate. – PubMed – NCBI
- Chemical Contaminants, Metals, Natural Toxins & Pesticides > Guidance for Industry: Action Levels for Poisonous or Deleterious Substances in Human Food and Animal Feed
- 9 dead, 38 sick from Listeria linked to frozen corn in EU back to 2015 | barfblog
- East Charlotte Sickness: ‘Exposure to feces’ blamed after dozens sickened at Charlotte cookout | WSOC-TV
- German man suspected of murdering 21 co-workers by poisoning their food | Fox News
- Food Science & Technology | Oregon State University
- Buchanan and Schaffner FPT.pdf
- Membership – International Association for Food Protection