Jeffrey Sivalingam, 61, the father of the bride, told The New Paper yesterday an eight-course meal had been catered for more than 400 guests.
After contacting them yesterday, the retiree said many of them had told him about falling ill after the banquet.
“About four people from each table fell ill as well as some entire tables,” he said.
“I didn’t expect this and now I don’t know how to face my friends and relatives.”
Mr Sivalingam said he was warded at Tan Tock Seng Hospital with his son after they developed fever, and that at least three youngsters, including his 16-year-old niece, were also warded.
A wedding guest, Mr Matthew Tjow, 40, said he and his three children started vomiting and having diarrhoea on Monday.
The counsellor added: “My daughter, who is in Primary 1, vomited from the hall to the toilet. She has kept vomiting and is looking as frail as a rag doll.”
He said the other two, aged 12 and 10, also vomited and had diarrhoea and fever. His wife also started showing symptoms last night.
The spokesman said staff who handled food during the banquet events have been “temporarily relieved of duties” until they complete all necessary medical tests and are cleared by the relevant authorities.
The hotel will also cease serving raw food from its banquet kitchens during the investigation.
Mr Sivalingam hopes to warn the public about such incidents.
“I am not interested in compensation from the hotel. I am interested in the well-being of our guests,” he said.