Don and Ben start the episode on the original food safety story, Snow White. They move to microwaves, popcorn and shows with Greg Davies. Ben talks through a food safety issue related to home delivery of school foods that he’s working and gets Don’s feedback. They then do a bunch of feedback on sourdough, legionella, and magic defrosting trays. The episode ends on hand sanitizer that doesn’t look like hand sanitizer.
Download Food Safety Talk Episode 219 here (or wherever you get podcasts)
Show notes so you can follow along at home:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937 film) – Wikipedia
- Tom Lehrer – Wikipedia
- This machine kills fascists – Wikipedia
- All-Star Gear: Tom Morello’s Arm The Homeless guitar and Marshall JCM800 amp | MusicRadar
- Synology Inc.
- Finally, a Whole Home WiFi System That Works-Best Coverage Mesh Wifi by eero
- The Best Unlimited Online Backup and Cloud Storage Services
- Jiffy Pop – Wikipedia
- Jiffy Pop Popcorn 1970s Commercial – YouTube
- Taskmaster | WELCOME TO TASKMASTER
- Would I Lie to You? (game show) – Wikipedia
- National School Lunch Program | USDA-FNS
- Investigation of Outbreak of Human Infections Caused by E. coli O157:H7 | E. coli CDC
- Legionnaires’ Disease Lawyer and Lawsuit
- Legionnaires Disease For Health Departments | Legionella | CDC
- Estimating excess 1-year mortality associated with the COVID-19 pandemic according to underlying conditions and age: a population-based cohort study – ScienceDirect
- Sourdough Starter Best Practices – Food Smart Colorado
- Handwashing is Magic Video – CDC
- This is a closeup magnified look at the sourdough starter I use on my sourdough classes and courses
- This Week in Virology | A podcast about viruses – the kind that make you sick
- Risky or Not?
- Amazon.com | T&S Essentials-Large Meat Defrosting Thawing Tray
- 14: Budnik’s Banana — Risky or Not?
- COVID-19 Update: FDA Warns Consumers About Hand Sanitizer Packaged in Food and Drink Containers | FDA
- WARNING: Kids’ Hand Sanitizer Is In Packaging That Looks Like A Juice Pouch – KIWARadio.com
- Tracing temperature patterns of cut leafy greens during service in North Carolina school food service – PubMed
- ‘How do you do, fellow kids’ has become the ‘how do you do, fellow kids’ of memes – The Verge