That’s me and Melbourne Milton, having a chat along Southbank one morning last year when we visited Australia. The Crown Casino is tucked in behind us. We spent a couple of nights in the hotel – it was great.
But it wasn’t so great for 160 employees of superannuation fund Unisuper, who decided on a Christmas party at the casino and are now dealing with what appears to be food poisoning.
Unisuper spokesman Paul Murphy said most of those who had been ill after the party appeared to recover within a day or so of becoming sick.
But one Unisuper manager said he was still feeling ill almost a week later. ”I wish I hadn’t eaten that bloody seafood,” he said.
Crown spokesman Gary O’Neil yesterday confirmed government food inspectors had visited on Tuesday to investigate what he believed to be the casino’s first complaint of possible food poisoning.
He said the inspectors assessed kitchen preparation areas and found no issues of concern. Food samples have been taken away for testing.