The newest food safety infosheet, a graphical one-page food safety-related story directed at food businesses, is now available
Food Safety Infosheet Highlights:
– Outbreak has led to 2 deaths and 178 illnesses and is associated with cantaloupes sold by Chamberlin Farms, located in Owensville IN.
– Chamberlin Farms has announced a recall; the investigation is continuing as it is possible that there are other sources of illnesses.
– Refrigerate cantaloupes quickly after slicing. Bacteria such as Salmonella and Listeria can grow quickly on the orange flesh of the fruit when held above 41°F.
– Due to the roughness of the rind, it is difficult to wash away much of the bacteria.
– Using a scrub brush under running water (especially at the cut point) can reduce the risk of pathogen introduction.
Food safety infosheets are created on a regular basis and are posted in restaurants, retail stores, on farms and used in training throughout the world. If you have any infosheet topic requests, or photos, please contact Ben Chapman at email@example.com.
Click here to download.