Florida man dies after winning roach-eating contest

I don’t like those so-called reality shows where people are made to eat stuff that should at least be cooked.

USA Today reports a 32-year-old Florida man has died after eating “dozens of roaches and worms” in a roach-eating contest, the Miami Herald says the Broward County, Fla., Sheriff’s Office is reporting.

Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach, Fla., won the contest Friday night at the Ben Siegal Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, but before he could leave with his prize, a female Ivory Ball python, he began throwing up and then collapsed, the Herald reports.

Archbold was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the Herald.

Archbold’s body was taken to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy was to be performed, the Herald reports. None of the other contestants was sickened, according to the news organization.