Everyone’s got a camera: Roach video surfaces of popular Atlanta restaurant

A video of roaches in the kitchen area of a popular metro Atlanta restaurant, The Flying Biscuit Cafe, has people talking. 

In the 30-second video, posted to YouTube on June 5, viewers can see roaches crawling along the walls and on the clean dish rack. Links to the video were shared to Reddit and Twitter.

In an email, Flying Biscuit spokesperson Elisa Suri said “the video in question was filmed last year. Following this incident, we revisited our pest management process to address any potential pest concerns.” Suri went on to say the health of Flying Biscuit customers is the restaurant’s first priority.

The Candler Park location received a 92 on their food service inspection in March and an 89 on their inspection in August of 2017.

YouTube user Katherine Todd uploaded the video and noted in the caption that “part of the server sidework is to literally rinse all the dead roaches out of the espresso machine. They were sometimes found in the uncovered apple butters in the fridge.”

Flying Biscuit said the video was uploaded by a relative of a former employee, but did not elaborate.

Florida man dies after winning roach-eating contest

I don’t like those so-called reality shows where people are made to eat stuff that should at least be cooked.

USA Today reports a 32-year-old Florida man has died after eating “dozens of roaches and worms” in a roach-eating contest, the Miami Herald says the Broward County, Fla., Sheriff’s Office is reporting.

Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach, Fla., won the contest Friday night at the Ben Siegal Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, but before he could leave with his prize, a female Ivory Ball python, he began throwing up and then collapsed, the Herald reports.

Archbold was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the Herald.

Archbold’s body was taken to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s office, where an autopsy was to be performed, the Herald reports. None of the other contestants was sickened, according to the news organization.

Rodents and roaches and urine, oh my; contaminated chile ordered destroyed

A New Mexico company was ordered to destroy $171,000 worth of red chile after federal authorities say it was contaminated by rodent droppings and urine, insect larvae and roaches, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

Deputy U.S. marshals seized 25 tons of Mexican-imported chile from the Duran and Sons warehouse in Derry, N.M. on Dec. 13, 2010. The imported pods are alleged to have contaminated 50 tons of New Mexican red chile that was also kept in the warehouse.

The company was ordered Monday by U.S. District Judge M. Christina Armijo to pay for destroying the produce under the supervision of the Food and Drug Administration, by no later than March 17.

Inspectors in November allegedly found rodent nests and evidence that mice had gnawed, defecated and urinated on the chile pods, ground chile and crushed chile after they had been shipped to the Duran & Sons Chile Products warehouse, about eight miles north of Hatch.

Apart from the chile, however, Duran’s warehouse was also allegedly home to "a live cat, live birds, apparent bird nesting, bird droppings, rodent nesting, rodent excreta pellets, animal feces, animal urine, lice and dead insects and insect larvae and moth-like insects," according to court documents.