The Guardian reports the former owner of a Worksop, U.K. restaurant who breached safety and food hygiene regulations has avoided being sent to prison.
But he was banned from ever running a food business again.
Worksop magistrates heard how Mohammed Abdul Kashem, 38, had risked causing a gas explosion or E.coli outbreak because of how he managed Monsoon in Ryton Street.
Bassetlaw Council brought the prosecution against him after officials carried out numerous inspections on the Indian restaurant.
On some occasions their improvement notices were complied with, but on others the promises were ‘filthy’.
The court heard how the restaurant had a history of non-compliance stretching back to 2010.
Monsoon closed its doors earlier this year. New owners have now transformed it into an Italian bistro.