About 40 people who had chosen to dine for New Year’s Eve in a country resort on the outskirts of Ascoli were stricken with Salmonella, believed to be linked to raw eggs in the tiramisu.
The Sian (food service sanitation and nutrition) took samples of food served that evening and the 16 employees in the room were analyzed to see if they were healthy carriers of some virus or bacterium. But the findings were negative.
On Facebook, patrons are critical and created the page, “Poisoned at the restaurant” with the photo of analyzes at the Emergency Room of St. Benedict and as profile picture just a salmonella bacterium.
Restaurateurs are defending themselves and say, “We suspect that someone wanted to sabotage our party.”