Texas restaurant closed after six staff sick with Norovirus

Grayson County Health department officials say La Mesa Mexican Restaurant in Sherman closed their doors today to sanitize their facility after six employees contracted Norovirus.

“About five to six employees had been sick over the last few days. They’ve all been front room employees, cash register, things like that,” Norochicksaid Public Health Nurse, Randy Brooks. “It wasn’t any of the kitchen staff.”

Because front room food service staff never go into the kitchen.

And, as Nurse Brooks said, “It’s just a virus.”

This entry was posted in Norovirus and tagged , , , by Douglas Powell. Bookmark the permalink.

About Douglas Powell

A former professor of food safety and the publisher of barfblog.com, Powell is passionate about food, has five daughters, and is an OK goaltender in pickup hockey. Download Doug’s CV here. Dr. Douglas Powell editor, barfblog.com retired professor, food safety 3/289 Annerley Rd Annerley, Queensland 4103 dpowell29@gmail.com 61478222221 I am based in Brisbane, Australia, 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time