50 sick with Salmonella linked to Australian café

Any wagers it was a raw egg dish? Or undercooked beef?

At least 50 people have fallen ill with Salmonella food poisoning after eating at burger joint, Bottle of Milk, in Torquay, southwest of The-Burger-Adventure_BottleOfMilk-620x411Melbourne.

Director of Infectious Diseases at Geelong Hospital Doctor Eugene Asson said at least five people have been admitted to hospital but, no worries, “it’s generally speaking a mild to moderate disease, so most people that experience it will have vomiting, diarrhea, stomach discomfort.”

Unless you have it.

This entry was posted in Salmonella and tagged , , , , by Douglas Powell. Bookmark the permalink.

About Douglas Powell

A former professor of food safety and the publisher of barfblog.com, Powell is passionate about food, has five daughters, and is an OK goaltender in pickup hockey. Download Doug’s CV here. Dr. Douglas Powell editor, barfblog.com retired professor, food safety 3/289 Annerley Rd Annerley, Queensland 4103 dpowell29@gmail.com 61478222221 I am based in Brisbane, Australia, 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time