Guess god couldn’t prevent a cockroach infestation.
Merrimack College, a Roman Catholic college in Mass closed its main dining hall Tuesday.
The North Andover [MA] Health Department inspected the dining hall, called Sparky’s Place, after receiving an anonymous complaint, said Thomas Trowbridge, chairman of the town’s health board.
The inspectors closed Sparky’s, which is located on the second floor of a college building, after finding unsanitary conditions and a pest infestation. A kitchen located in the building’s basement was also closed, Trowbridge said.
Within two hours of the closings, town and college officials as well as food service company representatives met, and the college ordered a thorough professional cleaning, Trowbridge said.