When I was about 7 I poured a bowl of cereal, added milk and started to chow down. I freaked out when I chewed something that wasn’t a Honey Nut Cheerio; I looked down and saw three maggots in the bowl.
I didn’t eat cereal for a few months after the incident.
According to the Sun, a Dublin McDonald’s patron, Anna Potterton, found a maggot in a fry.
The revolted customer said she bought the Happy Meal from the McDonald’s branch on Grafton Street in Dublin.
She said: “One of the chips looked like it had a burnt spot in the middle, but when I looked closer I realised it was some sort of worm or maggot.”
Shockingly Anna goes on to suggest this seems to be a regular problem at the fast food chain, as when she asked for a refund – which was given without any questions – the cashier said: “Sorry about that, it happens very, very often.”
A spokesperson from the fast food chain said: “McDonald’s Ireland has been contacted by a customer regarding an apparent potato defect in a serving of fries in our Grafton Street Restaurant. The matter is now being looked into. McDonald’s Ireland sources real, whole potato fries from our longstanding supplier McCain’s in the UK.