Patron finds maggot in a Dublin McDonalds fry; told it’s common by cashier

When I was about 7 I poured a bowl of cereal, added milk and started to chow down. I freaked out when I chewed something that wasn’t a Honey Nut Cheerio; I looked down and saw three maggots in the bowl.

I didn’t eat cereal for a few months after the incident.

According to the Sun, a Dublin McDonald’s patron, Anna Potterton, found a maggot in a fry.

The revolted customer said she bought the Happy Meal from the McDonald’s branch on Grafton Street in Dublin.

She said: “One of the chips looked like it had a burnt spot in the middle, but when I looked closer I realised it was some sort of worm or maggot.”

m_2521234aShockingly Anna goes on to suggest this seems to be a regular problem at the fast food chain, as when she asked for a refund – which was given without any questions – the cashier said: “Sorry about that, it happens very, very often.”

A spokesperson from the fast food chain said: “McDonald’s Ireland has been contacted by a customer regarding an apparent potato defect in a serving of fries in our Grafton Street Restaurant. The matter is now being looked into. McDonald’s Ireland sources real, whole potato fries from our longstanding supplier McCain’s in the UK.

Thank-you, call again: creepy crawly turns stomachs at NZ noodle restaurant

A girls’ night out to a Newmarket noodle restaurant turned into a "revolting" nightmare before Christmas after a creepy-crawly was found in their soybean dish.

Brodie Reid told the New Zealand Herald her group had nearly finished their bowl of edamame at Wagamama on Nuffield St when they spotted "something white" in one of the beans.

Miss Reid claimed she was "thanked for her feedback" when she told staff.

The 26-year-old said she felt "absolutely revolted" at the thought that she and her two friends could have been "popping maggots into our mouths".

"It’s just disgusting," Miss Reid said.

Plant and Food Research identified the bug as a caterpillar pupa, and not a maggot.

Miss Reid said she brought it to the attention of the restaurant manager, who did not appear shocked.

"Her first reaction was saying, ‘Thank you for your feedback. I’ll contact my supplier’.

Miss Reid said they were not charged for their mains and the beans, and were offered a $20 voucher for a return visit.

Newmarket manager and head chef Julie Pensaber said she believed the pupa came from a frozen pack of imported edamame beans.

"It was found inside an unopened soybean pod, so it is impossible for us to know if it was in there before we served the beans," she said.

"This is a case that’s just beyond our control, and we are sorry that it has happened at our restaurant."

Ms Pensaber said the edamame came from Tokyo Food.

Tokyo Food spokesman Mark Whiteman apologised. "Even with the strictest measures in place, there is always a small possibility of an event like this happening … We are doing everything possible to prevent it from happening again."

Dirty jobs? Try being a veterinarian

Patty Khuly writes in today’s USA Today that while the Discovery Channel’s Dirty Jobs features revolting trades, no profession rivals the average veterinarian’s for the variety of revolting, fetid, infectious crap we have to deal with on a daily basis.

Though some have got it bad (consider the hands-on shelter worker or the bovine reproductive specialist) and some manage better than most (the radiologist, perhaps?), we all get treated to a fair bit of repulsive fare whether we like it or not.

As a mixed animal veterinarian in suburbia (dogs, cats, chickens and goats), my work is routinely disgusting. Picking through feces and vomit, for example, figures routinely in my daily

Below are the top 10 most digusting things we veterinarians and veterinary technicians must subject ourselves to.

1. Maggot picking.
This is the worst, so I’ll mention it first just to get it out of the way. In my opinion, wounds infected with maggots rival anything else I have to deal with. It’ll surely put you off rice for at least a month. (If you can stomach this, one the nine that follow are fairly easygoing.)

2. Bovine/equine reproductive examination.
Ahhh … the full-arm rectal of vet school lore. We all have to do it, but I never really minded it. It’s better than standing bare-armed in a three-sided barn when the 10-degree wind blows … though it does take some getting used to.

3. Fecal material sampling.
How many times a day do I stick something up a pet’s bum and then gently prise the stuff onto slides and into plastic containers? Ten? Twenty? Who knows, but it’s gross.

4. Dentistry for severe periodontal disease.
Never underestimate the force with which the foulness of an oral cavity can hit you — across three masks, even. If you need further inducement to consider this the revolting job that it is, factor in the pus, blood and spray of bacterial filth contaminating the air around you. Hence, goggles are a must lest you risk suddenly contracting a novel strain of especially aggressive pink eye.

There’s more. I sent the story to a veterinarian colleague, who said her personal favorite was looking through dog vomit for all the stuff the dog ate. … did he puke up all the pieces of the tennis ball (and puzzling the slimy pieces back together to find out) or is there still some in there?

She also said she loves her job.

There’s a maggot in my McDonald’s

??“I found a maggot in my cheeseburger.”

So says Robert Comitz who was eating at the McDonald’s on Route 113 near Route 309 in Hilltown, Pennsylvania.

“There was nothing in that kitchen that would make us suspicious of anything.”

So says Dr. David Damsker, the health department’s director, following an inspection of the fast-food joint.

“We’re not sayin nothin.”

That’s what the McDonald’s franchise owner meant by saying nothing when called by reporters.

Comitz said he kept the maggot and is considering filing a lawsuit.?? One of the reasons is because of the response from the restaurant, he said.?? “They think it’s nothing, like you made the story up or something.”

You want a maggot with that McDonald’s?

An Auckland, New Zealand, healthcare worker has been left ‘disgusted’ after finding a maggot in her McDonald’s burger box.

Linda MacDonald had just finished eating an Angus Burger Combo, which she bought from the Pt Chevalier McDonald’s, when a colleague she shared the burger with pointed out something "wiggling" in the box.

The 59-year-old grandmother spat out her remaining mouthful and ran to the toilet to throw up.

"It was awful," she said. "They offered me McDonald’s vouchers, and I told them:

‘No way am I ever going to set foot in there again’. The cheek of it – it’s so wrong."

McDonald’s NZ boss Mark Hawthorne said he did not believe the maggot came from within the restaurant. It was dead when the company conducted tests.