Overland Park Norovirus mecca

After more than 600 people were stricken by Norovirus at a suburban Kansas City dinner theatre, two separate Buffalo Wild Wings have been cited for lousy food safety.

buffalo.wild.wingsAt least 10 people who ate at the Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar at 105th Street on Jan. 29 fell ill, including students from the Shawnee Mission School District.

By mid-Feb., a separate Buffalo Wild Wings in Overland Park was inspected. Among the findings: dead flies in several of the liquor bottles and employees not washing their hands after touching raw chicken. The inspector also noticed employees remove frozen raw boneless chicken wings with gloves, drop them in the fryer, take the gloves off and put new ones on without washing their hands. The company says they addressed and corrected those violations during the inspection.