More than 50 people have fallen ill, including a groom, after a suspected mass food poisoning at a Brisbane wedding reception.
Public health officials are probing the cause of the outbreak among people who attended the reception at the Hilton Brisbane last Friday.
At least three of the reception guests were so ill with gastroenteritis they sought hospital treatment.
Metro North Public Health Unit physician James Smith said the wedding reception, attended by about 150 people, was catered for by both the Hilton and an external caterer.
Hotel staff contacted Queensland Health when they became aware guests had fallen ill after the reception. Dr Smith said public health officials were working with Hilton management and the Brisbane City Council to investigate the gastrointestinal illness.
Last night, Hilton Hotel Brisbane general manager Chris Partridge said the hotel had been “as co-operative and helpful as we possibly can” to find out the cause of the outbreak.
Mr Partridge said Queensland Health had inspected the hotel’s kitchens and had “left quite satisfied”.