Food Safety Talk, a bi-weekly podcast for food safety nerds, by food safety nerds. The podcast is hosted by Ben Chapman and barfblog contributor Don Schaffner, Extension Specialist in Food Science and Professor at Rutgers University. Every two weeks or so, Ben and Don get together virtually and talk for about an hour.
They talk about what’s on their minds or in the news regarding food safety, and popular culture. They strive to be relevant, funny and informative — sometimes they succeed. You can download the audio recordings right from the website, or subscribe using iTunes.
Show notes so you can follow along at home:
This birthday themed episode features wide-ranging topics, many based on listener feedback. We briefly touch on election results, and then move (almost) right into food safety. Thanks to everyone for listening and for your feedback.
- Mac – Apple
- HoudahSpot software
- First Dubai International Conference on Applied Nutrition – DIFSC
- Manpreet Singh
- The Talk Show Ep. 172, With Special Guest Merlin Mann
- Rutgers 250
- Li Ching-Yuen – Wikipedia
- Li Ching-Yuen: 256-Year-Old Man? : snopes.com
- Cat’s Cradle – Sloan, November 16th, 2016
- Restaurant & Commercial Kitchen Equipment | Alto-Shaam
- Appendix A to Compliance Guidelines
- D-value (microbiology) – Wikipedia
- z value wikipedia – Google Search
- People get “violently ill” from Soylent bars; company stumped
- From seaweed to algae: Soylent blames flour for making customers violently ill
- Soylent Thinks It Found What Was Making People Sick: Algae
- The Wire Clip: Omar “It’s all in the game”
- Luis Ramirez on Twitter: Dogs at grocery stores that prepare foods…
- The Grammarphobia Blog: Out of pocket