The number of people sickened with E. coli after eating at a southeast Edmonton restaurant has climbed to 19, including two who have developed symptoms serious enough to be admitted to hospital, Alberta Health Services said Thursday.
Keith Gerein of the Edmonton Journal reports it’s believed at least some of those new cases are among restaurant staff.
Patrons were infected with E. coli O157:H7, which can produce diarrhea that may be bloody.
Public health officials are warning anyone who has dined at Mama Nita’s since March 15 to see a doctor if they have symptoms, and mention they may have been exposed to E. coli.
A spokesperson for the restaurant could not be reached for comment.
Here’s a comment: Use a fucking thermometer.