46 American students hospitalized with food poisoning in Italy

French and Italian media are reporting that 46 young American students were
hospitalized in Salerno, south of Naples, for food poisoning after eating pasta and meat.

Young people and a teacher of 32 years, who had to travel in Greece, were hospitalized in various establishments in the vicinity of Salerno on Saturday night after complaining of fever, vomiting and diarrhea.

The group made a stop for lunch at a self-service Hydromania water park on the outskirts of Rome. They ate cold pasta and chicken thawed. But none of the 170 other guests had suffered the same problems as American students. ?

?A group of Nas, the carabinieri unit that specializes in food control, collected samples of the food consumed by the young Americans for laboratory analysis.