Mother speaks of infant loss to E. coli

Heartbroken mum Samantha Waller today spoke of the tragic loss of her seven-week-old baby to E. coli poisoning.

And she said little son Henley was now “my guardian angel.”

Samantha, 25, of Percy Street, Middlesbrough, told the Gazette she thought about her treasured son every day.

A Teesside coroner’s inquest earlier heard Henley McLeod’s life had barely begun when he fell victim to a serious E. coli infection.

The beloved tot was found lifeless at his home.

Just the day before he died, he’d been unwell and his worried mum had taken him to the doctor’s surgery.

But an examination found nothing untoward and Samantha was allowed to take him home.

Tragically, next morning on February 3 2012, Samantha found her baby son motionless and not breathing.

Teesside coroner Michael Sheffield said every effort was made to revive the baby “tragically to no avail.” He recorded a verdict of natural causes.