Norovirus sickens dozens at Seattle retirement community

Norovirus has sickened more than two dozen people at a senior living facility in Seattle.

The outbreak first surfaced on Saturday night at Mirabella Seattle and has continued spreading ever since. On Sunday morning, Seattle firefighters answered Artis Leabo’s 911 call for her 94-year-old husband, Dick.

“He got sick early Sunday morning right after breakfast, he ate his breakfast and things started to explode,” said Leabo.

The elderly man is one of the residents at that Mirabella Seattle, a Continuing Care Retirement Community, who got sick.

Leabo says he remains hospitalized.