27 now sick linked to Australian Enlighten night noodle market

At least 27 people have reported to ACT Health after developing food poisoning possibly linked to a stall at the night noodle markets.

Enlighten Night Noodle MarketsOn March 11, ACT Health notified the public of “several” cases of  gastroenteritis connected to a Canberra-based premises serving food at the market.

The people had reported becoming ill with diarrhea approximately 10 to 13 hours after eating food from the stall,  ACT Health said.

One Canberra woman who got sick said she went to the markets three times. The day after the third visit, she became sick with a “very painful” stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea.

She said she was “100 per cent” sure of the source of her illness, as she was the only one from her family to eat the dish from that stall.

At the time of the outbreak, the  ACT Health Protection Service said it was confident there was no ongoing risk to public health from food sold at the stall, and the outbreak had been controlled.

The government would not confirm which Canberra restaurant or which dish was linked to the outbreak of food poisoning.

“ACT Health is not able to release details of food businesses that are subject to enforcement action or ongoing investigation as it could unreasonably affect the business affairs of registered proprietors, or unduly influence or impair future legal proceedings,” the spokeswoman said.

Or prevent other people from getting sick.