UK child with E. coli infection dies

The BBC has just reported that a child from Devon has died after being infected with E. coli.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has refused to release any details about the child, thought to be a toddler.

But the agency would say that no clear source for the infection has been found and that no other cases have been linked to the infection.

The HPA has also confirmed that it does not think the child’s death is connected to an outbreak which centred on a petting farm in Surrey.

This entry was posted in E. coli and tagged , , , , by Douglas Powell. Bookmark the permalink.

About Douglas Powell

A former professor of food safety and the publisher of, Powell is passionate about food, has five daughters, and is an OK goaltender in pickup hockey. Download Doug’s CV here. Dr. Douglas Powell editor, retired professor, food safety 3/289 Annerley Rd Annerley, Queensland 4103 61478222221 I am based in Brisbane, Australia, 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time