This sounds about right for Australian time.
But at least they have decent penalties.
The Imperial Peking restaurant at Saint Peters in Adelaide was visited by health-types 12 times between 2006 and 2013 and served warning notices on each occasion. The Chinese takeaway was closed for eight days in December 2012.
Prosecutor Paul Kelly told Magistrates Court that failures included insufficient hygiene training of staff.
“This is a significant food business over a number of years. The offending has occurred over a sustained period against a backdrop of warnings … and it continued after the business reopened in December 2012.”
He said the restaurant closure in 2012 saw a sign put up saying it was closed ‘due to a gas leak’.
He fined the company, MustWin Investments Pty Ltd, its cook manager Joel Zhuo Bin Guan, and one of its directors, Di Fei Huang, a total of $104,000 plus costs.