A bride and groom’s wedding celebrations turned into “a nightmare” after around 20 guests were later struck down by the winter vomiting bug.
The Dundee couple were also affected by the outbreak of norovirus, with people advising the couple of their situation after the occasion.
Heather Albin and Steven Campbell, who were married at the Westpark Conference Centre, in Perth Road, described the aftermath of the event as a “nightmare”.
Bride Heather said: “We had an amazing day but a couple of days later we were hearing that many of our guests had been hit by acute sickness and diarrhea.”
She said that she and her new groom had also been unwell, adding: “I got it first, followed by Steve.
“At the beginning of January, around 20 of our guests had been in touch to say they and their families were feeling terrible — it’s been a nightmare.
“So many of the people who attended the wedding were affected that we wondered if it could have been something we ate at the wedding.
“However, I have now been told it is more likely to be something viral.”