50 sick with Salmonella linked to Australian café

Any wagers it was a raw egg dish? Or undercooked beef?

At least 50 people have fallen ill with Salmonella food poisoning after eating at burger joint, Bottle of Milk, in Torquay, southwest of The-Burger-Adventure_BottleOfMilk-620x411Melbourne.

Director of Infectious Diseases at Geelong Hospital Doctor Eugene Asson said at least five people have been admitted to hospital but, no worries, “it’s generally speaking a mild to moderate disease, so most people that experience it will have vomiting, diarrhea, stomach discomfort.”

Unless you have it.

‘Yuletide yobs’ barfing out of control

The folks in Geelong, Australia, southwest of Melbourne, are tired of “yuletide yobs” barfing on their shop windows and store fronts.

The Geelong Advertiser
quotes a Faulls Shoes spokeswoman as saying her employees were forced to clean up urine, vomit and even blood up to twice a week.

“Our doorway is set back from the street and they do it in there and it goes under the door.”

Banjos Bakehouse manager Joanne Etheridge said the streets of Geelong were in a disgusting state on weekend mornings.

"It would be nice if they could just hold it in until they got home or do it in a bin. The mess from nightclubbers is disgusting. Who is going to want to sit amongst that?”