224 sick with Salmonella in Vietnam

Banh my (Vietnamese bread) contaminated with Salmonella bacteria supplied by a bakery in this central province has been identified as the cause of the poisoning of 224 locals.

banh.myThe province’s food hygiene and safety department yesterday announced that banh my sold by Vuong Tien Thanh Bakery had been contaminated with the bacteria, forcing consumers to rush to hospitals last Wednesday.

Samples taken from the bakery and the contents of the victims’ stomachs tested positive for the bacteria.