As of May 3, a total of 183 people have come down with food poisoning after eating the pastries, according to a joint statement issued on Thursday (May 5) by the National Environment Agency (NEA), Ministry of Health (MOH) and Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore.
This is an increase of 107 cases from the 76 previously reported.
The hotel’s bakery licence, which has been suspended since Apr 22, has not yet been restored. The suspension will continue to be in force until the lapses that might have contributed to the outbreak have been rectified, the Government agencies said.
Goodwood Park Hotel has previously said that it treats all matters related to food safety standards “very seriously”.