A couple from Northamptonshire are taking legal action against a travel company after their honeymoon was blighted by illness.
Xanta and Paul Watts from Kettering were staying at a resort on Koh Yao Noi Island in Thailand when Xanta became seriously ill with food poisoning and was hospitalised for a week.
She contracted Paratyphoid which is a disease caused by the Salmonella bacteria.
“I’ve never actually felt that ill in my life,” Xanta Watts told ITV News Anglia.
“Some days I would just cry because I felt so disappointed that this had happened. I felt trapped because I was on a deserted island.”